on Beautiful Crystal Lake
on Beautiful Crystal Lake
- Biking. Enjoy numerous paved and unpaved offroad bicycle paths through the woods.
- Boating. We have a 5 person paddle boat. Larger boat rentals are available.
- Canoeing, kayaking or tubing on the delightful Betsie River or the Platte River.
- Concerts at the international known Interlochen Center for the Arts.
- Fishing on Crystal Lake all year round or dip a line off the Frankfort Pier, or try charter fishing on Lake Michigan.
- Gliding. The area is known for its rich gliding history. Sign up for a glider ride at Frankfort airport or watch the hang gliders float over the bluffs of Lake Michigan.
- Golfing. There are 5 beautiful and challenging golf courses in the area. Also a there are several near by miniature-golf establishments for the kids - and adults, too.
- Hike on numerous trails throughout the area. Crystal Lake borders the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Park which is a scenic area of Michigan which has been preserved as a national park.
- Shopping (The town of Frankfort is 2 miles away, Beulah is 7 miles away)
- Waterskiing is superb, especially in the early evening while the lake is mirror-like.
- Sunbathing and Swimming. Enjoy 100 feet of private sandy beach on the crystal clear waters of Crystal Lake. The water is shallow and deepens very gradually making it safe for children and adults alike.
- Sunsets Enjoy colorful sunsets and skip a rock or two at "Point Betsie" Lighthouse on the shore of Lake Michigan, a truly breath- taking scenic delight.
- Art Festivals
- Cruise Night at the A&W Drive In. The local A&W Drive In is the perfect place to grab a burger and reminisce or to show off that '57 Chevy.
- Smoke Stack Storage. This is a one of a kind place to buy/sell unique items on consignment and a part of Frankfort's local history.
- Read to your heart's content in front of the cozy fieldstone fireplace or while relaxing on the deck or beach.
- Pick Fruit Fresh fruit in season is available from a number of local farms. Blueberries, cherries, and raspberries are just a few of the local delicacies. Blackberries and raspberries grow alongside the cottage's driveway.
- Campfire at the beach. Circle the chairs around the firepit and roast marshmallows and hot dogs on sticks.
- Go-Karts and Waterpark. A short drive away from the cottage (Interlochen Corners).
- Movies Located in town at the old fashioned, "Garden Theater". Or take a drive up to, "The Cherry Bowl" Drive-in theater for a night out.
- Nightlife and Restaurants. The town and surrounding communities come alive during the summertime for your dining and evening entertainment.